Playmore Games started when 2 geeks founded their own company and somehow got enough funding to hire 2 other geeks and one beautiful mermaid (who is writing this job ad). Now, with even more funding, we are able to expand and hire actually talented people.
We published our first board game, Race to the North Pole, in 2015, and amassed a wealth of knowledge and networks in the board games industry. Now we’re focusing our attention on making an amazing app that will help people find, learn, enhance, and play more games.
Dized is the revolutionary smartphone app that will change how people learn and play board games. No more studying before a game, you can now skip the rulebook and learn while playing. Dized also has a powerful rule lookup tool, a tool to help you set your games up, and more. We’re always cooking up cool features for the app!
You will work closely with the core Dized team and the social media manager to create a cohesive brand and marketing strategy. You will set the public-facing image and tone for our brand. You will have the creative freedom to pitch big ideas that will get us noticed, and we will do our best to accommodate them with a team and budget.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing the brand for Dized
- Handling relationships with press and media
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies from early concept to final execution
- Directly handling the creation of marketing assets with help from our artists and designers
- Participating in the preparation of events (conventions, press events) to ensure a high visibility of Dized
Later this year we will be running a crowdfunding campaign, and your efforts will be focused solely on creating content and acquiring users for that. A strong understanding and experience with crowdfunding campaigns is crucial.
We also go to a lot of conventions and conferences around the world, and we want to take you with us! If travelling the world and expanding your network in the games industry sounds good, this job is definitely for you.
Remote applicants are welcome, but you should be willing to fly into Helsinki every once in a while.
- Experience with leading a marketing team
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Excellent English written and verbal skills
- Experience with crowdfunding campaigns and the confidence to pitch crazy ideas that will generate pledges
- Willingness to travel the world, going to conventions and conferences
- Knowledge of different board games, their designers and publishers
- Ability to motivate yourself and take initiative
- A network of contacts in the board game industry
- Experience as a social media manager, community builder, or related field
- Experience running a successful crowdfunding campaign
- Experience with video production and editing
- German or French language skills
If you are interested in this position, send over your CV and portfolio of work. We want to hear why you are interested in working with us, so include a few lines about that in your email.
Email us at moc.s1493318244emage1493318244romya1493318244lp@sb1493318244oj1493318244 with your name and the job title you are applying for in the subject line or use the application form below. Please also include your salary requirement in the body of your email.