Senior Front-End Developer
Playmore Games started when 2 geeks founded their own company and somehow got enough funding to hire 2 other geeks and one beautiful mermaid (who is writing this job ad). Now, with even more funding, we are able to expand and hire actually talented people.
We published our first board game, Race to the North Pole, in 2015, and amassed a wealth of knowledge and networks in the board games industry. Now we’re focusing our attention on making an amazing app that will help people find, learn, enhance, and play more games.
Dized is the revolutionary smartphone app that will change how people learn and play board games. No more studying before a game, you can now skip the rulebook and learn while playing. Dized also has a powerful rule lookup tool, a tool to help you set your games up, and more. We’re always cooking up cool features for the app!
You will be communicating with the art, design, and audio teams and creating tools for their designs. You will be using web based technologies to implement content creation tools for Dized. We encourage you to pitch creative solutions and ideas as we have a lot of freedom in the company to do what you want to do within your role.
Your main tasks will be:
- Communicate with art, design, and audio to develop their tools
- Design powerful tools that meet the needs of artists and designers
We also go to a lot of conventions and conferences around the world, and we try and take any team members that want to go with us. If travelling the world and expanding your network in the games industry sounds good, this job is definitely for you!
While we prefer someone who will be in our Helsinki office on a daily basis, remote applicants are welcome. You will have to be able to travel to the Helsinki office at least once a week.
We value your experience and contributions to projects more than your years of experience.
- Experience with a JS Framework and Library (preferably React, or the desire to learn React)
- Experience with UI design
- Experience working in a team of specialists
- Ability to understand requirements from different departments
- Good English written and verbal skills
- Ability to motivate yourself and take initiative
- Practical experience using React/Redux with Webpack
- Knowledge of different board games
- German, French, or Finnish language skills
If you are interested in this position, send over your CV and portfolio of work. We want to hear why you are interested in working with us, so include a few lines about that in your email.
Email us at moc.s1505867294emage1505867294romya1505867294lp@sb1505867294oj1505867294 with your name and the job title you are applying for in the subject line or use the application form below. Please also include your salary requirement in the body of your email.