We are Playmore Games: a board game company turned software developer. We’re creating Dized: the answer to the biggest problem in the board games industry.
Dized is the app that will change how people learn and play board games. No more studying before a game, you can now skip the rulebook and learn while still playing. Everyone we talk to is excited about using Dized, from gamers to board game publishers. We want to make Dized available to everyone, and we need the perfect team to make that a reality.
You will be communicating with the art, design, and audio teams and creating solutions for their designs. You will be closely involved in steering the development of the app, using Unity and C#.
We hope you love board games, because you’ll be part of teaching them to people in the best way possible! We encourage you to pitch creative solutions and ideas as we have a lot of freedom in the company to do what you want to do within your role.
We also go to a lot of conventions and conferences around the world, and we try and take any team members that want to go with us. If travelling the world and expanding your network in the games industry sounds good, this job is definitely for you!
While we prefer someone who will be in our Helsinki office on a daily basis, remote applicants are welcome. You will have to be able to travel to the Helsinki office from time to time.
We value contributions to various projects and a can-do attitude more than years of experience.
Your main tasks will be:
- Communicate with art, design, and audio teams to implement tools and features for Dized components based on their requests
- Creating technical specifications from feature requests, implementing and documenting them
- Experience with C# and Unity
- Ability to understand requirements from different departments
- Ability to work with front-end and back-end programmers to find solutions that fit the big picture
- Ability to write technical specifications before and after implementation
- Good English written and verbal skills
- Ability to motivate yourself, take initiative, and work independently
- Knowledge of Android/iOS development
- Knowledge of other programming languages, for example, Python etc.
- Knowledge of automated build tools
- Knowledge of different board games
- Experience working in a team of specialists
- German, French, or Finnish language skills
- We’re developing a product that is greatly anticipated and has a strong community around it
- You get to work in an international team of motivated professionals and learn from them
- We have a great office location in central Helsinki
- We have flexible working hours
- We have a lot of board games at the office that you can freely use. We get board games that are not available to the general public so you can try them out before anyone else!
- We encourage you to work on your own projects at home – we have people here making video games, music, and other cool stuff
If you are interested in this position, send over your CV, and if you have portfolio of projects you’ve participated in before, we would love to see that too! We want to hear why you are interested in working with us, so include a few lines about that in your email.
Email us at moc.s1519110701emage1519110701romya1519110701lp@sb1519110701oj1519110701 with your name and the job title you are applying for in the subject line or use the application form below. Please also include your salary requirement in the body of your email.